Saturday, January 12, 2013

Introducing: Moloko

I will never claim that I have a particularly nuanced or adroit taste in music, but I do like sharing some lesser known musical talents that I have come across.

The UK-based electropop duo Moloko consists of Róisín Murphy from Ireland and Mark Brydon from England. The band's name comes from the slang used in Anthony Burgess's classic novel A Clockwork Orange, where it means "milk." The duo came to the musical scene in 1995 with their first studio album Do You Like My Tight Sweater?. A pleasant mix of electropop, trip-hop, and house music, Moloko's melodies are enchanting and oftentimes quite cheerful.


Here is one my favorite Moloko songs, called Familiar Feeling, from their fourth studio album Statues. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment